An enhanced experience for picture-in-picture for Google Meet
Enhance your Google Meet video conferencing experience
We are thrilled to share some exciting news that will enhance your Google Meet video conferencing experience. Google has recently rolled out a fantastic update that brings an enhanced picture-in-picture (PiP) feature for Google Meet in Chrome, making multitasking during meetings even more seamless and convenient!
Keep your Google Meet video in a small window
With this update, you can now keep your Google Meet video call in a small window that floats on top of other applications on your computer screen. It allows you to simultaneously view your meeting and perform other tasks without interruption.
The enhanced picture-in-picture feature enables you to participate in a Google Meet video call while working on other applications or browsing the web. You can effortlessly switch between your meeting and other tasks, maintaining productivity without missing any important discussions.
With the picture-in-picture mode, you can collaborate with your team members during a meeting while referring to shared documents, taking notes, or accessing other resources. It fosters a more interactive and engaging meeting experience, enhancing collaboration and problem-solving.
The PiP window in Chrome allows you to resize, reposition, or minimize the video call as per your preference. You have the flexibility to adjust the window size and position it anywhere on your screen, ensuring optimal visibility and convenience during your meetin
The objective of this use case is to demonstrate how we can leverage the picture-in-picture mode in Google Meet to boost productivity, facilitate collaboration, and seamlessly multitask during meetings
1. Starting Picture-in-Picture Mode:
- Join or initiate a Google Meet meeting as usual.
- During the meeting, find the "More options" button located at the bottom of the meeting UI.
2. Activate Picture-in-Picture Mode:
- Click on "More options."
- From the available options, select "Open picture-in-picture."
3. Utilizing Picture-in-Picture Mode:
- Once activated, a small version of your meeting UI will appear at the bottom-right corner of your screen while allowing you to continue seeing and hearing meeting participants.
- Take advantage of picture-in-picture mode to navigate to other tabs, windows, or applications on your computer without losing sight of the ongoing meeting.
- This enables you to access relevant documents, spreadsheets, and applications while staying engaged in the meeting.
5. Resizing and Repositioning:
- For ease of use, you can move the picture-in-picture meeting UI by clicking at the top of the UI and dragging it across your screen.
- To resize the picture-in-picture meeting UI, click and drag any edge to adjust its dimensions based on your preference.
6. Accessing Key Features:
- While using picture-in-picture mode, you can still access several essential Google Meet features, including:
- Toggling your camera and microphone on and off.
- Raising your hand to indicate a desire to speak or contribute.
- Sending and reading in-meeting messages to communicate with other participants.
- Viewing your presentation as it appears to others, provides presenters with confidence in their content delivery.
- Turning captions on and off for better accessibility.
7. Receiving Important Notifications:
- Picture-in-picture mode ensures you don't miss crucial meeting notifications, such as chat messages, hand raises, and join requests.
- This feature keeps you informed about ongoing interactions, even when you are focusing on other tasks.
8. Exiting Picture-in-Picture Mode:
- To exit picture-in-picture mode during the meeting, simply click "Back to tab" located at the top right of the small Meet UI.
What you need to do
We encourage each of you to explore and leverage this enhanced picture-in-picture experience during our Google Meet video conferences. Let's take advantage of this update to maximize our productivity, collaboration, and multitasking capabilities. Should you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to the SA team.
Binary City e-Learning
Empowering minds and navigating the path to mastering the use of our technology.
There are no comments for now.